Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Love


Yesterday, we had a wonderful lecture which was about "Love" by JCastle. It is a subject relate to everyone, because of human condition( we are vulnerable, weakness, not perfect). If we without human condition, "Love" will be impossible exist. Also, there are 4 different types of "Love"from this lecture. There are Philia, Romance, Agape, and Eros. Might be these words look like new words for us, and those are so difficult to understand, but after J.Castle's explanations, it was easy to understand. Philia( friendship which is characterized by loyalty and trust). Romance(passion, characterized by "falling in love" with another). Agape(human caring, kindness we extend to others, even strangers).Eros(passion and respect for our two lives, dreams and creativity).

Now, I will express some of my ideas. Firstly, I want to talk about the friendship. Many people tell me the best friendship is in the time when we go to the High school. It is not only pure, but also we had our own idea at that time, we can realize good things and bad things. I agree with this idea. I had 3 best friends during I was in high school. We lived together, ate together, had classes together, played together, did everything together. We felt so happy. We can shared happiness and sadness. We companies with each other. I missed them so much. Also, I knew that time wouldn't change our relationship. Although, we were in different countries now, we still kept in touch. I know I was so lucky, because it was so hard that made real friend from heart.

Secondly, I want to talk about Love. From my experience, the strong feeling( fever, smile all the time..) just exist at the beginning time. In that period, people who fall in love always loss their intellect, they willing do everything for another person who they loved. But it is temporary. After few months or one year, the relationship become change, might be always fight with each other, or get annoyed with each other.At this period, I will become to confuse about this "Love". I am not sure I still love him or not. Then, after 3 years or even more, he will be more like my family member than boyfriend, and we depend upon each other... Might be we don't want to see each other all the time, but we will miss each other if we long time no see. Also, we will consider each other when we do everything. We like to give each other freedom to make our friends, and do whatever we like. Although we don't have much passion as like as in the beginning time, we feel happiness. We just need our mediocre life instead of the luxurious life.
Moreover, the love from parents is the most important !!! Children can't grow up without love . ..They always protect us. I believe even they divorce but they still love me, so I grow up as well as normal children... I never complain about that, because I think their love just can be decided by themselves. But everything won't change the fact that they love me ... Anyway, family is the most important in my life...

7 comments:

Nicole said...

You are right. Friendship and love are one of the most important things in life. And, it seems like it's really hard to find true love thesedays. Some of young people don't think love seriously and some think it too seriously. As a result, there are many breaking up between young couples, and the rate of suicide in young age is increasing...

Kathy Katherine said...

I like the way you think about love, Ivy. I do think that couples should give each other own spaces to discover or do whaterver we like. That will make love become more interesting than we just stay side by side

Tiffany said...

Oh,dear!!
see....you are loved all the time...
hehe...
i hope you can be happy forever

Mey said...

I really proud of u, u are a cut and smart girl. It mean u have been treated well.

I like the way u are...

Mey said...

sorry, i want to write CUTE not cut.
Poor my writing

Peng Ray said...

why u guys always wrote a lot ,
it's too loonggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
.
T_T
but still very good.

FOX said...

ye, i have same feeling as peng~ soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long! hehe, this is girl!